Have you been asking, “Who is the best hardwood flooring installer near me?” Well, you’ve found them! Real Wood Floors, based in Kalamazoo, Michigan, is southwest Michigan’s elite hardwood flooring installer. For over 20 years, we have been the destination of choice for home and business owners seeking premier hardwood floor installation.
Flooring is one of the first elements of style you notice when walking into a home. The look, feel, and texture of a floor can instantly change the appearance and impression of a room. Hardwood flooring can transform your interior, while also increasing the value of your home significantly. Real Wood Floors is ready for your project!
Selecting the Right Hardwood Flooring
Quality hardwood floor installation starts with an obvious step: choosing the perfect floor for your home. Different materials and types of wood withstand wear and tear differently. Hardwood is universally durable, but you need to consider certain elements, like how much sunlight and moisture the hardwood will withstand.
In addition to practicality, personal style plays a huge role in selecting a hardwood to cover your home’s floor. Once you’ve narrowed the options down to a few appropriate materials or types of wood, you can begin to select colors, grains, finishes, and stains (we recommend Duraseal Stains!). Slight details can make a huge difference in how the completed product will set off the décor of the room. While hardwoods always look timeless, the styles and stains create a wide range of modern and classic looks. The process can feel overwhelming, but the experts at Real Wood Floors are here to help every step of the way!
The Installation Process
Real Wood Floor’s team has 20 years of experience installing hardwood flooring. We know how to handle almost every scenario and are ready to help you realize the dream of beautiful flooring. With Real Wood Floors, you know you’re getting a promise of quality work and a guarantee of integrity. Here are some of the steps we will complete to ensure an excellent installation:
- Providing an acceptable surface on which to lay the flooring, or checking that your existing subfloor or plywood is flat, free of moisture, and of sound quality.
- Allowing the wood material to acclimate to the temperature of the space where it will be installed.
- Marking and laying out the first row of boards.
- Racking the flooring. This means opening up the bundles of wood and laying out the floor before securing it.
- Installing the body of the room with a specialized flooring gun. Boards are fastened securely, only in the tongue-and-groove. Fasteners will not be visible.
- Working around corners and obstructions.
- If desired, finishing the look by replacing existing baseboards, or installing new ones.