Hardwood flooring is a big investment, and often a significant factor in the value of your home. When life or just the passage of time damages that flooring, the task of repairing hardwood flooring can be daunting. You don’t have to face it alone! Real Wood Floors’ team has 20 years experience dealing with wood floors of all kinds. We have the skills to help service and repair most hardwood floors out there.
Whether you need to replace boards, repair dents and scratches, or combat water damage, Real Wood Floors is up for the challenge. We also have the expertise to stay ahead of problems before they happen, and can service your floors as part of routine preventive maintenance.
Repairing Hardwood Flooring
Life happens. Dishwashers and laundry machines leak. Kids and guests spill drinks. Heavy objects fall. Houses get old. Whatever the type of hardwood floor damage you have on your hands, and whatever the type of wood, we are prepared to inspect it, quote it, and repair it. Here are just a few examples of our process for repairing hardwood flooring:
- Removing water damaged, deeply scratched, or cracked boards. This process includes sawing around a damaged board.
- Assessing the health and integrity of the subfloor beneath. If the damage has also reached the subfloor, especially if the damage is moisture, it may need to be replaced as well.
- Replacing boards with matching wood.
- Identifying whether a stain and finish match can be found for any replacement pieces, or if the section of room will need to be refinished for a uniform look.
- Staggering joints for an aesthetic appearance.
- Testing the patched boards for sturdiness to ensure that they are not loose.
Matching a Hardwood Floor Type, Color, and Finish
With tremendous experience and resources at our disposal, odds are very good Real Wood Floors can match your original floor. If we are unable to match the stain and finish, we will follow the process with a full-room or partial refinish. You can find more details in the section on refinishing services. Though many repairs take place on older homes with older hardwoods, any floor can incur damage at any time. Regardless of your home or hardwood’s age, the team is here to help every step of the way throughout the life of your floor.
Hardwood Flooring Routine Maintenance
If your flooring is still in good condition, Real Wood Floors can help you to keep it that way. Our routine maintenance offers cleaning, sealing, and assessing threats to your flooring.
If you are interested in Real Wood Floors’ service of repairing hardwood flooring, or would like to schedule routine maintenance, call 269.381.5479 today or request an appointment online. We offer a full range of hardwood flooring services that out-do any competition.